High Tail Hall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Update: 11/4/2014

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game broken. New window feature is a failure.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Turismo

Game broken.  New window feature is a failure. Empty
PostSubject: Game broken. New window feature is a failure.   Game broken.  New window feature is a failure. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Yeah, so I try to launch the game and it fails completely.

I just get the "disable pop-up blocker" error message even after disabling any and all pop-up blockers.

Instead of actually launching the game like it's suppose to do. I get stuck in a never-ending cycle of downloading a file named "hth_launch" over and over again.

Another pointless change that makes this thing more of a chore to play.
This is Steam Greenlight levels of fail right here.
Back to top Go down
HTH Blush

HTH Blush

Game broken.  New window feature is a failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game broken. New window feature is a failure.   Game broken.  New window feature is a failure. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello Turismo,

My name is blush and I'm one of the technical staff for the studio. One of the recent changes to the game does involve generating a new tab to launch the game in a full screen mode, which generates a flash object for your browser to use. Depending on certain conditions met within the browser and it's extensions, it may fail to launch properly.

Firstly, I would like to make sure that you are using the most recent version of your web browser whether it be Firefox, Opera or Chrome. Internet Explorer and Edge are not environments that support our game. Other non mainstream browsers do not have support either, such as Maxathon, Vivaldi or Rockmelt.

Secondly, please add "*.hthstudios.com" to your adblockers whitelist so that error message won't generate. You don't have to worry about ads or popups on our site as we are fully donation driven and do not get ad revenue. Extensions that block our site from setting cookies and launching javascript can and have been the main issue for the game crashing. NoScript can cause this as well if you are using it.

Lastly, I would HIGHLY encourage you to completely flush your browser's cache, cookies, offline data and any other flash object data that may be on your computer. Programs such as bleachbit and CCleaner are the most efficient way of doing this without touching saved passwords and form information you may want to keep.

Once all of this is done, feel free to either respond to my post here or PM me directly!

Regards,
blush pandayena
Back to top Go down

Game broken. New window feature is a failure.
Page 1 of 1