High Tail Hall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Update: 11/4/2014

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Volcanos (what is this place?)

Go down 
+3
Darkus
FuzzFace
Awacs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Awacs

Volcanos (what is this place?) Empty
PostSubject: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:49 am

I thought I remembered this place from reading about it, but I seem to have re-discovered(?) a volcano with structures inside it. Some HUI panels indicate offline. The system seems unstable as well. Haven't figured out how to get them online yet. The other structures I can walk to are static except for a bridge looking thing I can put up and down. That appears to be the only function. I can't move across it though.

I thought someone else had found this place a while ago, but I'm not seeing a thread or mention of this place on the forums, tumblr, wiki or anything else.

What is this place? Old solved (removed) puzzle?
Back to top Go down
FuzzFace

FuzzFace

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

I think...Alita was found here at one time?
Back to top Go down
Awacs

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 6:43 am

I'm pretty sure Aleta was found at Aztier, the yellow pyramid. I'm basing this off the  Aztier wiki page: "There has been no known interactivity in this area since Aleta's first appearance in the current build of the game."

The area I'm talking about is a different place from that. Crow's PDA in Vaultus doesn't seem to mention this place either.
Back to top Go down
FuzzFace

FuzzFace

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 10:00 pm

Ah, I wasn't sure. Not familiar with how she was found, but I knew it was on the gold island.

But as far as the volcano with structures, it's in the air right now, I found it too about a couple years back. I still have no idea what that bridge thing does, never got the chance to solve it when my gold ran out.
Back to top Go down
HTHDragon

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:04 am

If you explain how you got to the volcano then other people might be able to try to get further in it.
Back to top Go down
Darkus

PostSubject: Reply.   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 pm

HTHDragon wrote:
If you explain how you got to the volcano then other people might be able to try to get further in it.

To get to the volcano area, go to the Stone Circle Runes and click the mid-left arrow on the floating stone construct. It will now change for and will have a spinning ring around it, the next step is to click a symbol on said spinning ring that starts on the lower-left-hand side of the wheel. After activating it the construct will change into a portal, and the surrounding runes will emit a orangish-red colour, simply click the portal and your now in the volcano area.
Back to top Go down
HTH_Tyvara_Panther
Admin
HTH_Tyvara_Panther

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:16 pm

That is Naranvad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tyvarapanther/
HTHDragon

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 am

I do remember being in Naranvad at least a year ago. It had the same weird "bridge" that would lower or raise when you click it. I'm not so sure it's even a bridge, or if it is you can only walk on it from a different screen than the screen you can lower it from. But when you go back to the previous screen the bridge is up again even if you leave it down. Everyone *** the area was just bugged/incomplete when it was found before (probably by people attempting to click every combination of directions and symbols on stone circle ruins).

There's 4 red buttons (3 together on top with a smaller red button below them) to the left of where you can raise/lower the "bridge". They don't appear to be clickable or do anything when clicked, but I wonder if there's a secret combination/order that you can click them to make them do something? They could also be inactive till you do something to bring the system online.

Going there with the purple and red beads didn't change anything.
Back to top Go down
The Viewer

The Viewer

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 3:51 pm

The CPU in Vaultus used to change certain areas depending on which CPU was activated when you went places, so it is possible that one of those effects Naranvad. You can also check Crow's tablet in Vaultus for hints. Or they might not be related at all~
Back to top Go down
HTHDragon

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 11:22 am

The Viewer wrote:
The CPU in Vaultus used to change certain areas depending on which CPU was activated when you went places, so it is possible that one of those effects Naranvad. You can also check Crow's tablet in Vaultus for hints. Or they might not be related at all~

Good idea but I'm not seeing anything. With CPU2 on, if you click "TOWER", then "ON" below "LEVEL 3 LOCK", then climb the ladder, it shows a map where you can teleport to Crow's nest or stone key ruins. Clicked MAP in the menu bar, went to stone circle ruins, then went to Naranvad, but nothing seemed different.

I returned to Vaultus and chose CPU1. Turn level 3 lock on, climb ladder, screen is now blank. This blank screen seems suspicious but I couldn't find anything in the room to click to make it do anything. Clicked MAP in the menu bar, went to stone circle ruins, Naranvad, nothing different.

I returned to Vaultus and chose CPU3. Turn level 3 lock on, climb ladder, screen shows NIMBUS codex (the 3 circles with dots that let you unlock the basement level puzzle). Clicked MAP in the menu bar, went to stone circle ruins, Naranvad, nothing different.

One thing that bugs me in Vaultus is that clicking Level 3 lock ON lowers the ladder that leads up to what would logically be floor 3. So why does locking floor 3 allow you up to floor 3? It would make sense if you clicked OFF to access floor 3. I thought maybe floor 3 refers to the basement, but you can reach the basement with the lock on or off.

Crow's PDA seems to have clues to some things. I have a feeling there's still more to find, so I'm going to transcribe its text here so others can look for clues. Here's the first screen:

HTH LABS
USER: CROWCHILD
APPS-
Select Service
E:/ - Online U:/Offline
C:/ - Disconnected

Click "APPS" and you get:

Journal: Select Entry
12/12/12 - Reactivation
12/16/12 - Pyramid
12/23/12 - Missing Keys
12/30/12 - Vaultus Notes
03/04/13 - CPU Online
03/18/13 - ECS Notes
07/21/13 - HTH Labs
12/14/13 - Nimbus

Click various entries:
Journal: 12.12.12
I haven't been to this place since early 2002, maybe longer. If my memory serves me I called this place Vaultus.

So far, everything seems to be as I remember it, However, after being abandoned for nearly 10 years I have already made plans for numerous updates and zone expansions. Overall functionality can be improved as well.

Click ">" and you get:
NOTES:
- I've locked m room in the lighthouse tower for now
- I've Taken the CPU swipe activation system offline for now.
- Collected some local plantlife for later study.

Journal: 12.16.12
Amazing! The Pyramid is also intact...dusty, but intact! I took Aleta and Rio through the now fully restored gateway for some playtime at the top of The Pyramid. Aleta especially seems to enjoy the Atmosphere.

I'm so happy that this zone wasn't burned to the ground. I'll have to come back later and finish fixing the rest of the burn damage. I was never able to get even half way done with this zone.

However, if this zone proves as easy to update as Vaultus was I will have nop problem with the future expansion of the Gold Room.

NOTES: - I must remember to grab a few of those vases and statues for The Gold Room

Journal: 12.23.12

Aleta is still missing with the Pyramid Key! I really have to keep better track of thos damn things! The other zones remain locked and hte keys should be safe back on the Gold island. (this probably refers to finding the cylindrical green and gold key in one of the back rooms of The Gold Room that lets you use Stone Circle Ruins to access The Pyramid)

I am going to have to head back to The Crow's Nest to continue with game updates but I have to leave Vaultus after being gone for so long.

Journal: 12.30.12
- Vaultus CPU back online. Circuts still cut out if system is left on standby for too long. (guessing this refers to the need to click the five vertical white bars (circuit breakers?) to get the HUD interface to come up and let you turn on CPUs)

- Opened up the top floor. Area needs more furniture.
- Desk
- Chair
- Tank
- Hydroponics Setup
- Telescope
- Mp3 player
- A nice big bed ^.^

Journal: 03.04.13
Damn Good to be back to work on this system. Vaultus really needs some TLC after being abandoned for so long.

I still need to complete repairs on the lab, showers and living quarters up and running ASAP. It is going to be so much easier to manage this place with some extra hands.

NOTES: I really need to start cleaning this place up if Ty and Emma are going to be spending time here.

Journal: 03.18.13
The Environmental Control System has finally crapped out after a years of water damage in the sublevels of Vaultus. I've finally sealed all sublevel windows and ports.

I also, moved a space heater to the top floor. That sleeping bag I picked up in Suthku is warm but it won't stand up to the -12 It's going to get closer to Summer. (Winter in Vaultus)
(This seems like a possible hint to do something with a sleeping bag or space heater in the top floor but I don't see either item there. I also wonder what Suthku is?)

Journal: 07.21.13
As I said before. COLD AS ****! The Vaultus location is on the other end of the spectrum from Colorado's summer.

However the good news is that the lab is nearly online. ECS is nearing completion and the sublevels are almost fully drained and cleaned of debris.

Also, I am very excited to start work on Mysty. That girl is going to be a life saver over the next 40 years.

Journal: 12.14.13
Today has been a good day. The door seems to have reopened on a project I had long thought dead. A backup of Project 1.5 has been linked through the NIMBUS gate. Oh, if the me from 2004 could see me now (I'll look into that later). With The Nimbus Gateway now safely Housed in Sublevel One I can finally restore the archive in a safe FIRE PROOF environment. Nimbus Password remains unchanged - E1B2. Do to the unstable nature of the archive this "Reverse Directory" Gate Hack now leads back to it's source.
(this all refers to the puzzle for reaching Hight Tail Hall 1.5 in the basement, although I don't know that E1B2 was used in the puzzle so that could have something to do with getting farther with it since staff keeps saying there's more to figure out)

Back to top Go down
hanssonj

hanssonj

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 3:56 pm

I just found a blue bead in the control center at the volcano and now the volcano has a name and its Naranvad.
Back to top Go down
HTHDragon

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 6:23 pm

hanssonj wrote:
I just found a blue bead in the control center at the volcano and now the volcano has a name and its Naranvad.

I found the same bead. The room it's found in has also been altered at least in that the camera was pulled back to show more of the room. I couldn't find anything else in the area that changed. The "bridge" still raises and lowers when clicked, the buttons to its left do nothing, and the bridge always looks raised when you move back to the previous room.

I played on another computer and noticed the purple bead moved. In the path to The Library it used to be in a square hole in a pedestal on the left. Now it's just on the main path to the left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volcanos (what is this place?)   Volcanos (what is this place?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volcanos (what is this place?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
High Tail Hall :: Information :: Puzzles, Mini-Games and Secrets :: Puzzles-
Jump to: