High Tail Hall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Update: 11/4/2014

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time for a .GIF

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
latheran

latheran

Time for a .GIF Empty
PostSubject: Time for a .GIF   Time for a .GIF Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:45 pm

If you don't know what a .GIF is, a .GIF is kind of like a sequence of images formed into one file that repeats itself. The reason i have posted this is for everyone to try making a .GIF.

The image below took me 35 minutes to complete. It is composed of 14 images. The first or base image i drew in 5 minutes. The movement of the tail was done on computer. That took me 30 minutes.
Time for a .GIF 2317-71
The image was a lot larger but the only way i could post it was through a url, and the only url that played it was the url to my avatar on this site. It would be a lot easier if i could have uploaded it but oh well. You can make .GIF images with a lot greater detail but that make it a lot harder to make them match up properly in there sequence. I can't post my better ones because the file size is too large. If i could the image i would have posted is 247 image sequence. Its two people fighting with swords. If you seen it you would think it was taken off an anime show because of the detail.

Now lets see what you can do. Post your home made .GIF.

Also just so you know .GIF images can be converted to flash animations which can be used to make flash games. So if you want to make flash game, make a .GIF.
Back to top Go down
this website is shit

Time for a .GIF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a .GIF   Time for a .GIF Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:38 pm

verry cool, i like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
latheran

latheran

Time for a .GIF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a .GIF   Time for a .GIF Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am

thanks.
You should make one. There really easy to make. The only problem is they take up a lot of space. I made a .GIF before that took up 112 mb of space, but it was awsome.
Back to top Go down
latheran

latheran

Time for a .GIF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a .GIF   Time for a .GIF Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:24 am

This is a walkthrough for those who don’t know how to make a .GIF.

First you have to decide how you want to make your base image. The base image is the very first image in an animation. After you create the image you will have to make it move. These are three different ways to make a .GIF.

1) You could draw it.
Drawing it is quicker than the other ways, but it is harder to color correctly. The reason it’s so hard to color it is because it’s almost impossible to get the same shade of color for each image. You can get the correct color with paint but it take a long time because paper isn’t one color so you can’t just use the fill setting.

2) You can make it with programs such as MS Paint.
This way takes longer to get the base image, but when you complete the base image it is quicker to make the following images. I start off with a base image with no color so the transition between images is easer to make. You simply use the selection tool to move the area of the image that you want to move (but only a little) then you add new lines and erase ones that you need to. After you get all your images you color it. It’s easy because when you use blue its definitely blue.

3) You can take pictures
This way is the fastest but you can’t use anything you can’t find. All you need to do is call some friend over and then take a picture of one. Then make them move a little and take another picture, and keep doing that.

After you made all your images combine them with some sort of .GIF making software. There are online versions and there are ones you can download. I recommend the online version because most of the ones you download will put their logo into your image. The only way to get around that is to get a friend who knows how to alter simple programs.
Back to top Go down
this website is shit

Time for a .GIF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a .GIF   Time for a .GIF Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:32 pm

i have stated b4 that i am no pen and ink artist. i depend on my talented brother for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time for a .GIF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a .GIF   Time for a .GIF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for a .GIF
Page 1 of 1