High Tail Hall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Update: 11/4/2014

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sun Temple Ruins

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Viewer

The Viewer

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:07 pm

So this has been a puzzle for a while now. According to information from Crow during a stream a while back (and basic logic), the Sun Temple Ruins have to do with the time of day they are visited. Likewise, the Moon Temple Ruins will work the same way when they are put in.

In a previous thread that was deleted, I pointed out that the lighting in the zone drastically changes. In particular, between 10 AM and 2 PM, the sun starts to cast a shadow on the giant tablet on the stairs. At noon, the sun is directly in the hole of the tablet, resulting in the zone to be at its brightest.

My only leads are to think of something to do when the Sun is either directly in the hole, or when the shadow it casts highlights something in that hole.
Back to top Go down
HTHDragon

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:28 pm

It's funny you should mention this because a few days ago when trying to think of things to investigate regarding the Halloween puzzle, I realized sun temple has that hole in the monolith that seems obviously meant to have a sun or moon shine through it.  So I changed my computer's clock and looked at the movement of shadows.  They do seem to change once every hour and noon has the hole in the monolith lit as if the sun were directly behind it, but you don't actually see a sun:

Sun Temple Ruins 12004710

Note that although the clock says 12:00:47 AM, it was actually PM.  Noon is displayed as 12:00:00 AM and midnight is displayed as 0:00:00 with, I think, PM.  Also, notice all the plant life has disappeared.  I thought maybe that meant something but when I left and returned it was back again so more likely a glitch.

I checked at 11:03 and 11:45 AM and found the sun spot shining through the hole in the monolith can be seen and falls in the same spot at each time.  I've tried to upload an image of that about 6 times but it never appears on servimg.com

BTW, I don't like that the first time I uploaded an image, the HTH forum automatically sent my email to servimg.com to create an account there, which I would not have allowed had I known.  The servimg.com site also shows ads from adnxs.com and an internet search seems to indicate those ads sometimes have viruses.

Between, I think, 10am and 10:59am, that sun spot shines farther north.

I tried clicking in various places during each of these tests but I didn't find anything.

Two ideas I haven't tried is enter the area around 11:59 and wait till noon to see if it does anything (I may have actually tried that and don't remember).  If nothing happens, try it on Summer solstice or Winter solstice.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:19 pm

Sorry about the servimg.com link. I'm still trying to figure out everything. The servimg site is still connected to the old admin. We're are trying to get one that we control.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hthstudios.com/
HTHDragon

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:44 am

I tried visiting sun temple ruins on June 21 (summer solstice) at various times:
11:59am.  Waiting till 12:01pm showed no change.  Reloading after 12pm showed the same scene as any other date.
6:52am EDT is the exact minute of the solstice so I tried:
6:51am.  Waited till 6:52am with no change.  No change on reloading.
3:52am in my time zone is 6:52am EDT so I tried:
3:51am.  Waited till 3:52am with no change.  No change on reloading.

Winter solstice, Dec 21:
11:59am.  Waited till 12pm with no change.  No change on reloading.

I've now visited the temple during every hour of the day.  I've never seen the lighting change except between x:59:59 and x+1:00:00 and it never changes unless you reload the zone.

The sun seems to rise behind the camera and hit the monolith fullly at 3am.  Monolith starts to cast a shadow at 8am, implying sun is almost directly above it.  The shadow cast by the monolith moves directly toward the camera, implying the sun starts directly above the monolith and moving down behind it.  The lighting implies the sun should appear in the hole in the monolith at noon but you never see the sun.
At 2pm some bright light starts to show at the base of the stairs to the monolith.  This makes no sense if the sun is supposed to be behind the monolith.  The light on the wall behind the monolith makes it look like the sun is setting behind the camera, sort of...  but there are shadows on the wall that don't really make sense to me.  Either way, as it grows later, a large round area of light, like a huge sun, moves up the golden stairs.  The area only shows up as a half circle and mostly fades by 9pm.  At 11pm there is a white glow of light near the base of the monolith that looks like a reflected moonrise or something but it disappears at midnight.
Lighting on the monolith makes it almost look like a doorway at 1am.
There is a bright band of light at the top edge of the monolith at 2am.

The monolith does reflect what's behind you but it's tiny and distorted by whatever odd corrosion pattern runs up the monolith so I've never been able to see anything interesting in the reflection, but there could be something there.

I think Jessica the skunk was in the area when it first opened, or soon after.  The lighting behind Jessica doesn't change and what she says doesn't change at noon june 21.

I'm out of ideas other than maybe something on the main map changes around sun temple ruins at a certain time of day.  I did notice the map becomes bright at midnight which I think is another AM/PM glitch (Crow's code thinks midnight is AM) or maybe it means something.  It's not bright like at day time, more like an overhead light illuminates the whole map.

I guess you could try visiting at the exact minute of winter solstice. I'm not sure if that minute changes each year or what...
Back to top Go down
HTHDragon

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:44 am

I left the game sitting in this zone around 9am to see if anything time-related would happen.  I gave up at 11pm.  Nothing had changed, not even the lighting.

It's possible that if there is something special in this zone during a certain hour or minute, it only appears when your local machine time matches the server time, so my visiting once per hour was useless.  I also theorize that the lighting is on Eastern time, which is why sunrise seems to occur at 3am my time (6am eastern).  Then again, there seems to be sunlight in the area till like 9pm my time, and sun at midnight eastern makes no sense.  Unless this is supposed to be at some really northern latitude in the summer...

I keep wondering if the corrosion pattern on the monolith means something.  I tried to match it to the world map but can't see a matching land shape.  I also find it odd that what gets reflected in the monolith gets heavily tilted clockwise the farther you move down the monolith.

Starting at 2am, there is a small point of light mostly hidden by Jessica's tail just to the right of the center of the stairs.  Each hour it moves up the stairs, then up the center of the monolith till it disappears in the hole in the monolith at noon.  Actually you can see the same point of light below Jessica's knee at midnight, and I think it must be hidden by her body at 1am.  The point is gone at 11pm and earlier.  I tried clicking on it at 12am, 2am and 7am.  I also clicked Jessica about where the spot might be behind her at 1am.

I compared the stars during I think all hours of the night using a difference filter and there was no change.

EDIT: Tried visiting at 2:58pm and 3:03pm real time and clicking the reflection of the spot of light that shines through the monolith onto the wall behind you. Nothing.

The fact that spot of light is near the top of the wall between 3-3:59 should mean the sun is set by 4pm. However, you don't start seeing stars in the sky till 9pm, so that seems like an inconsistency.

Last edited by HTHDragon on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Viewer

The Viewer

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:55 am

The game clock is based off your internal clock. Sitting in a zone for hours would do nothing, you need to enter the zone for it to load at that specific time.
Back to top Go down
VSG

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:13 am

Have anyone noticed that there is a picture on the tablet? I just recently saw it.
Back to top Go down
HTHDragon

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:59 am

VSG wrote:
Have anyone noticed that there is a picture on the tablet? I just recently saw it.

I don't see anything different. What exactly do you mean by picture? What is it a picture of? I assume you don't mean the reflection of the area on the tablet's surface?

Can you post a screenshot? Can you reproduce it or figure out what time of day it happened or what triggered it?
Back to top Go down
VSG

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:52 am

It`s on the tablet itself. The uneven surface show a picture of a horsegirl giving a blowjob to a guy in shorts.
I saw it in the evening around 5pm. When the sun didn`t shine directly on it. The hole where the sun shine through is the guy`s head. The Horsegirl is at the more to the bottom left of the tablet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sun Temple Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Temple Ruins   Sun Temple Ruins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sun Temple Ruins
Page 1 of 1