High Tail Hall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Update: 11/4/2014

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Mini Game: Computer Hacking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
philpickle

New Mini Game: Computer Hacking  Empty
PostSubject: New Mini Game: Computer Hacking    New Mini Game: Computer Hacking  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 8:35 am

Given all the computers stashed around the islands, I'm surprised that Crow hasn't put some sort of hacking mini game into HTH yet. It makes perfect sense if you think about it- Let's use the laptop in the office inside the main hall.

So, you can browse the desktop, and let's say you see a folder called "security footage". You can try to access it, but of course, the file is encrypted. This is where the mini game comes up. Some sort of time based puzzle that involves quick thinking and quicker fingers (though keep it short, less then 60 seconds let's say, keeps the pressure on the player, and you don't want KILLROY to lock you out of the system). If the bypass is successful, You'd get a pre-rendered animation (like the TV animations in the Tower lobby).

Who knows? Maybe Max the bartender has been a very busy boy when the bars closed for the night? Or maybe the desk at the Lobby has access to some well hidden cameras in the Showers? The computer in The Crows Nest could show what Shelly was up to all alone in there before she moved to the Glass Room? And speaking of the Glass Room, maybe someone left a video of a VIP party in the Hot Tub on the roof? These are just ideas off the top of my head, but I know they'd work.

There are tons of examples of simple, speed based hacking mini games in modern media, and something like this shouldn't be that hard to code. But that's my 2 cents on the matter. What do y'all think? Think a bit of black hatting could dig up some real dirt?
Back to top Go down
The Viewer

The Viewer

New Mini Game: Computer Hacking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mini Game: Computer Hacking    New Mini Game: Computer Hacking  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Sounds like it would be a good way to get some of the voyeur scenes that Crow mentioned into the game, like those seen on the TV in the tower lobby. This is actually a good idea in theory that hasn't been brought up before by either users or staff as far as I know.
Back to top Go down

New Mini Game: Computer Hacking
Page 1 of 1