High Tail Hall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Update: 11/4/2014

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members

Go down 
+18
LockedNLoaded
ViktorD
lavere1997
HTHDragon
mo6229
Leo Lyons
RobertMI6
dramXIII
The Viewer
oscarthegrouch
Zerospyro
DarkFeri
Darkus
Fullgames
philpickle
HTH_Tyvara_Panther
FuzzFace
Wolf1307
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mo6229

Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:02 pm

oscarthegrouch wrote:
Ok, here is what I've found thus far...

1) go to ruins

2) click the stars

3) enter portal

4) go inside vaultus

5) click the spire looking thing on the pedestal in the middle of the room (room lights up blue)

6) look up and click the top of the ladder

7) look up again (but not too high) and click the light bars (electricity will arc and the bars will light up) this will cause a status bar to the right to light up.

8 ) once the status bar is lit it will read: Vaultus core. Click the top section of the status bar.

9) a screen will appear. Choose a CPU 1,2, or 3. (1 will be blank, 2 will be a map with a node that will bring you back to the start of the puzzle EDIT: THERE IS ALSO A NODE FOR THE CROWS NEST, THOUGH IT SEEMS TO BE THE SAME INSTANCE THAT IS AVAILABLE FROM THE MAIN MAP, 3 will be a password). Once you select a CPU click the word tower on the left on the screen. Click ON. The ladder will descend.

10) Check out the top floor.

11) go back down to the main floor and hit E on your keyboard (the room will change from blue light to orange).

12) click the side of the scene (click the banister to the left or right)

13) you will descend into the sub lvl

14) once below hit E again to send the elevator back up. a puzzle will appear.

15) enter the password by click the up arrows on the tumblers (btw the code is 85 27 13 [E1B2, a throwback to HTH classic... weird])

16) click the red dot in the center of the puzzle and a portal will open to...

17) enjoy HTH classic

First edit made in response to The Viewer (good catch).
I can't seem to get the puzzle to start in the sub level
Back to top Go down
The Viewer

The Viewer

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:46 pm

The HTH classic is a gold only part I believe. Or at least the method to find it is gold only. That part was recently added, Vaultus and the upper floors had been around much longer without any conclusion as to what could be found there.
Back to top Go down
HTHDragon

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Wolf1307 wrote:
At The Crow's Nest is now a direct link to Vaultus. You can still enter Vaultus through The Stone Key Ruins if you like.

Where is there a link to Vaultus in Crow's Nest?

Also, the last star used to be visible but I think now that the game has been resized and there is no full screen mode, it's hidden behind the black bar at the top and pretty much can't be seen even at night until after you click on it:

Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Left_311
Back to top Go down
Wolf1307

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:07 am

Now the direct link to Vaultus seems to be gone. Before the halloween event the link was there, where the "HTH studios" sign is running around. You had just to click on the sign. Maybe it's hidden behind a puzzle.
Back to top Go down
lavere1997

lavere1997

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Wait so the Puzzle within Vaultus is for Gold members only? Free members can't complete the puzzle?
Back to top Go down
FuzzFace

FuzzFace

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:00 pm

lavere1997 wrote:
Wait so the Puzzle within Vaultus is for Gold members only? Free members can't complete the puzzle?
The puzzle was made a little over a year ago on the front page, lemme see if i can pull up the description...

Tyvara Panther wrote:
The Search is On!
Posted by Tyvara | 15 January 2013
This little beauty has been hiding on the Main map for a while now. I wonder who can figure out what it does?

I believe in the almost two year span it has been made public, it was suggested that the puzzle could be completed by members. But don't listen to me- I may be steering you wrong with lies.
Back to top Go down
lavere1997

lavere1997

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Ok thanks
Back to top Go down
ViktorD

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 1:07 pm

F2P Player here:

So teleporting to crows nest does nothing, but if you leave the place, you have to start all over. As a free to play person (hopefully will be gold soon) we have extra steps. I will be investigating this more when I have some free time.
Back to top Go down
FuzzFace

FuzzFace

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Has this puzzle been forgotten? It feels like I'm necroing a thread.
Back to top Go down
Fullgames

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Since no one Happened to solve it, I guess it was indeed forgotten.
Back to top Go down
lavere1997

lavere1997

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Not forgotten. I've been trying to solve it since i last posted but to no avail.
Back to top Go down
LockedNLoaded

LockedNLoaded

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 1:08 am

Oh boy, this again. You'd think enough heads banging on the wall would bring it down but no, apparently not. I know Crow likes to tout these puzzles as being in the same league as the likes of Myst, but even Myst had a strategy guide. And I know what Crow would say to that, "Oh but that takes the fun out of the mystery", but you know what, there's a point where the mystery stops being fun, and just becomes aggravating and annoying. And we've reached that point, in fact we've gone past it. Straight through the atmosphere, and clear into orbit. I'll say again, I really hope Crow didn't put too much work into these puzzles, because if he did that's a whole lot of wasted effort, as most of us have already collectively shrugged our shoulders, said "F_uck it", and walked away. If anyone would like to prove me wrong and show that the puzzles are fun and solvable be my guest, but first look at the date this puzzle started, the absolute ghost town that is the puzzle side of the forum (the most recent post was three months ago save for this one, by me, most of them date back to 2014), the lack of direction or success in the solving of these puzzles, then come back and tell me I'm wrong. I seriously hope puzzles are given low priority on the Patreon, only a MENSA debate team would take joy from the next update being a puzzle.
Back to top Go down
FuzzFace

FuzzFace

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 am

LockedNLoaded wrote:
Oh boy, this again. You'd think enough heads banging on the wall would bring it down but no, apparently not. I know Crow likes to tout these puzzles as being in the same league as the likes of Myst, but even Myst had a strategy guide. And I know what Crow would say to that, "Oh but that takes the fun out of the mystery", but you know what, there's a point where the mystery stops being fun, and just becomes aggravating and annoying. And we've reached that point, in fact we've gone past it. Straight through the atmosphere, and clear into orbit. I'll say again, I really hope Crow didn't put too much work into these puzzles, because if he did that's a whole lot of wasted effort, as most of us have already collectively shrugged our shoulders, said "F_uck it", and walked away. If anyone would like to prove me wrong and show that the puzzles are fun and solvable be my guest, but first look at the date this puzzle started, the absolute ghost town that is the puzzle side of the forum (the most recent post was three months ago save for this one, by me, most of them date back to 2014), the lack of direction or success in the solving of these puzzles, then come back and tell me I'm wrong. I seriously hope puzzles are given low priority on the Patreon, only a MENSA debate team would take joy from the next update being a puzzle.

The puzzle has existed since January 15, 2013. So it's been active for two and a half years. IIR, Myst had a hotline you could call to question them about how to get past certain puzzles. Maybe if we gave HtH money, they'd give us a clue. Maybe we should just shovel out money for a clue? Make it something like $100 per clue, that way no one would want to share the information. This way the players get what they want, and so does HtH-lots more money, because money is so very important. Then we can pay for other information, like where other puzzles are located. We can even pay for the location of items. Heck, why stop there? We could pay a premium for in game hints, and arrows pointing towards the clues. Would you want to pay for a clue? It could be one of those free to play games, where you pay for content that can't be solved in over two years. Over two years! What would be really nice is if the payment system for this could be directly charged out of our banking account until we finished a puzzle.
Jesus christ! While we're at it, Let's ban a user if they use the clues to tell other's how to pass a puzzle. because we don't want people to figure out the puzzle them selves without shoveling out dough. Let's make all the insufferable puzzles be so hard, that we need to pay cash to get past the frustration. No one should play the puzzles without paying a steep drain of money in my opinion. Let's make every puzzle, gold. This way we're paying for puzzles, and paying for clues on top of that. I think it's a great idea. Make a dedicated island for these unbearable puzzles and make the payments twice as much there. Or make it three times as much! Like when when you go to hell and its full of puzzles, and those puzzles are on fire, and it's raining puzzles! And you pay for them all! Maybe that's how we should be doing these puzzles!

But ehh...probably not.

Please excuse the Son of a bitch in me, I'm just opened with the wound of frustrations with the puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:32 am

The puzzles in the game are completely broken. Crow didn't realize how broken until earlier this year. This was during the time when we were living in separate locations, so I wasn't always aware of what code issues were coming to light.

Recently, as Crow has been going through and removing incompatible code he is finding that all the trigger notifications were completely unreliable and he has to go in and repair it.

Fixing the puzzles so they actually work correctly is apart of this change of pace we're doing.

I know it doesn't make it better, but we are sorry that the puzzles haven't been working and sent everyone on a wild goose chase. That was not our intention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hthstudios.com/
LockedNLoaded

LockedNLoaded

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 6:29 am

Admin wrote:
The puzzles in the game are completely broken. Crow didn't realize how broken until earlier this year. This was during the time when we were living in separate locations, so I wasn't always aware of what code issues were coming to light.

Recently, as Crow has been going through and removing incompatible code he is finding that all the trigger notifications were completely unreliable and he has to go in and repair it.

Fixing the puzzles so they actually work correctly is apart of this change of pace we're doing.

I know it doesn't make it better, but we are sorry that the puzzles haven't been working and sent everyone on a wild goose chase. That was not our intention.

This actually makes a lot of sense, so the reason we weren't making progress with the puzzle is because we couldn't. Suddenly everything becomes so clear, thank you for the explanation, turns out the problem wasn't the players this time around, but rather it really is the game. By the way, does this have anything to do with that junk code Fossil was bogging the game down with?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm

It was not Fossil who did anything with code. Fossil was just an artist and animator. Fossil doesn't know code. It was Xzentio who was the coder who helped us create the store. He told us he could help with game code, that was not accurate at all.

So anytime we're removing incompatible code it's code that Xzentio put in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hthstudios.com/
cerberus66

cerberus66

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:06 pm

that odd crow hit use with the 85 27 13 code again in the storage room. and no this looks up date can some how's played High Tail Hall 1.7 look in to this for me. I would put it past crow to hide puzzles in the old game.
Back to top Go down
zchbell

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Admin wrote:

Personally I'm glad to have some validation on this. Please ask Crow to make a post when the puzzle are in working condition. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
PinkTyphoon

PinkTyphoon

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Admin wrote:
It was not Fossil who did anything with code. Fossil was just an artist and animator. Fossil doesn't know code. It was Xzentio who was the coder who helped us create the store. He told us he could help with game code, that was not accurate at all.

So anytime we're removing incompatible code it's code that Xzentio put in.

I hate to be that person, but is the Vaultus puzzle working again? On that note, how can we tell if a bead is for free or paid members? I'd hate to collect a gold-member item on the island, and try to use it for free puzzles with no idea of what i'm doing. You know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members   Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stone Key Ruins and Vaultus puzzle for free members
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2